Warming Yellow Curry (P+GF+V Friendly)
Hello and welcome back to the blog where I share mouth watering recipes, wellness hacks, and tid bits of my oh so crazy life.
This week I'm living out of a hotel and having to get pretty creative with the meals I'm having. Check out my Instagram if you want to see what exactly I'm eating along with some travel hacks on my story. Traveling does not mean you have to give up your health goals! Make it a protiorty and you will find a way.
Anyways, I WISH I could have this mouth watering curry bowl but instead I'll just drool at the pictures with you guys. It is of course dairy and gluten free and can be made vegan if you don't add the shrimp. It's also ridiculously simple like most of my recipes but so so satisfying. If you are craving a warming spicy dish with a hint of creaminess, this curry is for you. Read on and let's get cookin!
Ingredients: (One serving)
-1 pack of kelp noodles
-2 tbsp of ACV in bowl of water (for noodles)
-1 cup broccoli
-1/2 cup grape tomatoes
-1/4 cup mushrooms
-2 tbsp chopped onion
-1 clove of chopped garlic
-1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
-2 tsp curry powder
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1 cup water (as needed)
1. Soak kelp noodles in water while prepping vegetables
2. Chop all vegetables
3. Sautee onion and garlic on medium heat in olive oil
4. Add vegetables and cover with lid, adding a tbsp of water to help steam for 5 minutes
5. Add kelp noodles
6. Add in coconut milk and spices and cover with lid for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
7. If it starts to get more dry add water so it creates more of a liquid base and continue to stir
8. Serve when vegetables are tender
That's it! I swear this was one of my favorite dishes. I love curry but when I get it at restaurants it often leaves me feeling heavy and sick. Swapping out the noddles for easy to digest kelp noodles and a smaller amount of coconut milk helps make this a healthy swap.
Enjoy and please share if you try it in the comments below or through social media!
Until next time,