Creamy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Hello beautiful people! Today I'm sharing a delicious refreshing summer recipe that will fulfill that ice cream craving without the sugar crash and guilt.
This recipe's main ingredient is banana, if you couldn't tell by the title, so it is filled with nourishing potassium. Compared to regular dairy ice cream that is inflammatory and often times not tolerated by our gut, this recipe is nice for an after dinner treat or even a post workout if you add a scoop of protein to it! Yes you could have dessert for breakfast. ;)
So let's get to it shall we!
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 date (optional for added sweetness)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk or sub regular nut milk of any kind but will be less creamy
- Water as needed
- Toppings: Paleo granola, nuts, seeds, dairy free chocolate chips etc..
- Place all ingredients into blender besides toppings.
- Blend and use water sparingly to keep it more thick compared to a smoothie.
- Place in bowl and apply toppings. Enjoy!
Super easy and delicious. Let me know if you try it in the comments below!